RideWithSilver’s resident fantasy guy Will Robinson returns to assess who scored and who didn’t last week in fantasy football.
Mark Sanchez – Oh, Marky Mark, you kinda came through. Sanchez, in his best matchup of the year, posted a good but not great 18.54 points. He was solid, but not a 20-point performance I was thinking he had in him. Maybe I had high expectations, but Sanchez was a nice play last week.
Ryan Torain – Ryan Torain’s (lack of) production was one of the big bombs of Week 6. Torain had 10 carries but managed a pathetic 22 yards. Torain frustrated owners who decided to play him. Thanks, Ryan. Continue reading »
Check out some good and bad matchups for your fantasy teams in Week Six of the fantasy season with Denver, San Diego, Tennessee, Kansas City, Arizona and Seattle on a bye.
“Gun-to-my-Head-Sleeper-Matchups” of the Week
Mark Sanchez – This one is a bit of a hunch. Sanchez is going against the horrific Miami team. I think he has potential to be ninth or tenth best fantasy quarterback this week. But if you have, say Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford or an equivalent, just laugh at the thought of playing Sanchez.
Ryan Torain – Mike Shanahan like the running back carousel. This week, with Tim Hightower questionable for Sunday action, Torain looks to be the beneficiary. Plus, Philly has not been able to stop ANY running back.
Anquan Boldin – Boldin has largely disappointed this season; he’s only surpassed 10 points once in four games. Though Houston’s pass defense is improved, Darius Heyward-Bey put up 99 yards and a score. Think Boldin. Continue reading »
Will Robinson recounts the spoils of his Week 5 fantasy victories for RideWithSilver.
Excuse me, let me have this.
There we go. That was me enjoying my first awesome week of predictions. Let’s recap so I can further bask in the glory that was Week 5 fantasy guessing.
Eli – Despite throwing two interceptions in a terrible loss to Seattle, a poor quarterbacking performance was a still great fantasy day for Manning. His 24.3 fantasy point outing was the fifth-best fantasy quarterbacking performance of the week.
Whatchu talking ‘bout Willis? – Though he didn’t score a touchdown, Willis McGahee had 120+ yards and a two-point conversion. For no score recorded, 12th-best fantasy running back for Week 5 is a sweet deal. Continue reading »
Note: RideWithSilver’s morning links will be decidedly shorter this week as I am starting a new job at the SF Chronicle. My apologies. I know you’ll survive.
– The Raiders’ win over the Texans yesterday was certainly enough to make you believe that Al Davis was out there somewhere watching over his team, and Hue Jackson’s postgame speech was pretty great too.
– Are you tired of laughing at the Eagles’ hubris yet? No? Then read more about Michael Vick’s 4 picks here!
– Victor Cruz will be pursuing a career as a professional juggler when he retires from the NFL.
– Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to get your helmet ripped off by someone’s foot? Let’s ask Patrick Chung.
WATER COOLER FODDER
– A fan threw a hot dog at Tiger Woods yesterday, hopefully while shouting, “TAKE MY WIENER, TIGER.”
– Tony La Russa put together a bunch of words about the Cardinals’ favorite squirrel. That thing is just out of control. Honestly, it’s probably dead by now but no one has noticed because all squirrels look alike.
TODAY’S SIGN OF THE (ZOMBIE)POCALYPSE