– With the final roster cuts, the 49ers are down to two quarterbacks — Smith and Kaepernick. Maybe Harbaugh is hoping both will get injured, Braylon Edwards takes over at QB and the Niners choke their way to Andrew Luck.
– Bengals RB Cedric Benson was released from jail after serving five of 20 days. He got time off his sentence for mopping floors and helping paint. Man, jail isn’t what it used to be. Where’s the chain gangs and solitary confinement?
– Denver let the door hit Josh McDaniels on the way out, as the former coach took a half-million dollar loss on the sale of his home. On the bright side, whoever bought the house got a deal … Tim Tebow?
WATER COOLER FODDER
– Auburn barely avoided getting its shit handed to it by Utah State yesterday, thanks to probably the most perfect onside kick in the history of football.
– In the battle of who could survive without their suspended players, LSU took the crown, wrecking Oregon to the tune of 40-27. Texas and Oklahoma are down to join the Pac-12 for a reason. This is the reason.
TODAY’S SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE
– You don’t want to know how many guns go missing every year.