– Rule No. 1 of public speaking appearances: It is never appropriate to compare people to Hitler unless they’ve murdered millions of people and committed massive human rights violations. Hank Williams Jr. violated that very simple rule on Fox News the other day (sidenote: why is he being brought on as an expert on anything??), and ESPN has dropped his MNF promo. It was missed by no one.
– The NFL has commissioned a new long-term study of concussions, because their last one was unscientific and generally shitty.
– The demonic laughter of his child burning a Tony Romo jersey will haunt your dreams forever.
– The NFL approved the Broncos’ petition to make the orange jerseys their full-time home uniforms. The organization says that’s what the fans wanted. But the fans also want Tebow.
– Meanwhile, Knowshon Moreno perfectly encapsulated the Broncos’ season in one apt metaphor — falling off a bike.
WATER COOLER FODDER
– When this Mississippi State football player had to tinkle, he wanted to do so in the cool, prickly confines of the bushes that edge Georgia’s field. No one will notice, right?
– Fox is letting A.J. Pierzynski annoy the crap out of us by giving him a broadcaster spot during the World Series. I envision this going poorly and ANNOYING THE CRAP OUT OF US.
– Brett Favre’s first game as a color analyst for Southern Miss kinda went as we all imagined. There was lots of grunting, awkward silences and obvious statements.
TODAY’S SIGN OF THE (BRO)POCALYPSE
– Beetles are dying in Australia because they can’t stop having sex with beer bottles, which resemble the female beetle. AWWWW YEAH.